【考研派 lhlawsjz.com】 为大家提供考研英语二真题2015，更多考研资讯请关注我们网站的更新！敬请收藏本站。
Read the following text。Choose the best word(s)for each numbered blank and markA，B，C or D on ANSWER SHEET 1(10 points)
In our contemporary culture，the prospect of communicating with-or even looking at-a stranger is virtually unbearable Everyone around us seems to agree by the way they fiddle with their phones，even without a 1 underground
It's a sad reality-our desire to avoid interacting with other human beings-because there's 2 to be gained from talking to the strange r standing by you. But you wouldn't know it， 3 into your phone. This universal armor sends the 4 ："Please don't approach me."
What is it that makes us feel we need to hide 5 our screens?
One answer is fear, according to Jon Wortmann, executive mental coach We fear rejection，or that our innocent social advances will be 6 as"creep,"We fear we'II be 7 We fear we'II be disruptive Strangers are inherently 8 to us，so we are more likely to feel 9 when communicating with them compared with our friends and acquaintances To avoid this anxiety, we 10 to our phones."Phones become our security blanket，"Wortmann says."They are our happy
glasses that protect us from what we perceive is going to be more 11 ."
But once we rip off the bandaid，tuck our smartphones in our pockets and look up，it doesn't 12 so bad. In one 2011 experiment，behavioral scientists Nicholas Epley and Juliana Schroeder asked commuters to do the unthinkable: Start a 13 . They had Chicago train commuters talk to their fellow 14 . "When Dr.Epley and Ms. Schroeder asked other people in the same train station to 15 how they would feel after talking to a stranger, the commuters thought their 16 would be more pleasant if they sat on their own," the New York Times summarizes. Though the participants didn't expect a positive experience, after they 17 with
the experiment, "not a single person reported having been snubbed."
18 , these commutes were reportedly more enjoyable compared with those sans communication, which makes absolute sense, 19 human beings thrive off of social connections. It's that 20 : Talking to strangers can make you feel connected.
1. [A] ticket [B] permit [C]signall [D] record
2. [A] nothing [B] link [C]another [D] much
3. [A] beaten [B] guided [C]plugged [D] brought
4. [A] message [B] cede [C]notice [D] sign
5. [A] under [B] beyond [C] behind [D] from
6. [A] misinterprete [B] misapplied [C] misadjusted [D] mismatched
7. [A] fired [B] judged [C] replaced [D] delayed
8. [A] unreasonable [B] ungreatful [C] unconventional [D] unfamiliar
9. [A] comfortable [B] anxious [C] confident [D] angry
10. [A] attend [B] point [C] take [D] turn
11. [A] dangerous [B] mysterious [C] violent [D] boring
12. [A] hurt [B] resis [C] bend [D] decay
13. [A] lecture [B] conversation [C] debate [D] negotiation
14. [A] trainees [B] employees [C] researchers [D] passengers
15. [A] reveal [B] choose [C] predictl [D] design
16. [A] voyage [B] flight [C] walk [D] ride
17. [A] went through [B] did away [C] caught up [D] put up
18. [A] In turn [B] In particular [C]In fact [D] In consequence
19. [A] unless [B] since [C] if [D] whereas
20. [A] funny [B] simple [C] Iogical [D] rare
1. signal 2. Much 3. plugged 4. message 5. behind
6. misinterpreted 7. judged 8. unfamiliar 9. anxious 10. turn
11. dangerous 12. hurt 13. Conversation 14. passengers
15. predict 16. ride 17. went through 18. in fact
19. since 20. simple